TV&Video Services Network Operations sn.
Vodafone Network Governance team is part of Italian Network Operation department and is in charge of coordinating actions (implementations or repairs) among different operations teams. Our team members take their ability in network change management, incident troubleshooting, KPIs analytics as well as process optimization and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs,translating it in efficient network management.
As an End-to-End Video Senior Specialist within Network Governance team, you will be responsible for the Vodafone Tv service. You will have to manage third part providers, granting they fulfill SLAs in incident resolution and service delivery.You will be the pivotal point to speed up incident resolution and you will have the chance to design and enhance service monitoring and assurance help desk with our vendors.
As the focal point for the service you will be the contact point for senior management to provide updates on service performances.
- Coordinate high priority incidents with vendors and Vodafone Group to speed up resolution times
- Measure and review providers performances
- Coordinate Change process for Vodafone TV
- Manage Customer Video assurance service desk that is handling customer complaints
- Coordinate implementation of new features on video platform with local andglobal engineering teams
- Coordinate metadata ingestion and processing with vendor
- Be Operation focal point for engineering and marketing product evolution definition
- Be contact point for senior management on Tv performances
Video competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Enterprise video Encoding expertise (Knowledge of harmonics is preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Kaltura environment
- Knowledge of ADI standard and metadata processing
- Deep working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols (RTP/RTSP/RTCP, HTTP, RTMP, IGMP)
- Knowledge of Streaming/Media Server (Smooth Streaming, HTTP Live StreamingFlash, Wowza, Windows ) is a plus
- Knowledge of CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc)
- Understanding of the professional/broadcast media world
- Experience working in mid-size to large data centers
- Knowledge of WitBE monitoring Solution
- Knowledge of metadata monitoringsolutions (xspotter preferred)
Technical competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Fixed network access technologies xDSL, G.PON, Ethernet, ATM
- Knowledge of Mobile Network Access and TX-IP Transport
- Knowledge of Incident management, and Change management process
- Knowledge of customer assurance processes and principles
- Deep knowledge of VBA and SQL programming
- Excellent problemsolving skills including debugging and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of IP Performance metrics and Test traffic measurement topics
- Experience in architecture design relating to Video over IP and QoS